Sunday, February 19, 2006



186
29
Tonight's show was one of those shows I walked out of the studio and was happy with the final product. Not to say I am not happy with most of the shows, this one just had perfect balance. Tonight we had Rick Eddy and Tim Drumheller of A Triggering Myth on our program. We featured and world premiered the forthcoming disc The Remedy Of Abstraction. I last featured an interview with Rick on Forgiving Eden back in 2002, and it was nice to get to know these guys personally. They are two of the nicest guys, and on top of being great composers, they and are just great to be around. Rick and Tim really are soulmates musically and you got that feeling as the interview went on. Great insight on a masterful recording. Truly a great disc, and as always they put out an excellent product no matter who they get on their disc. This one featuring Akihisa Tsuboy from KBB, and now McGill/Manring/Stevens and the 'band'. A Triggering Myth progresses from album to album without losing their foundation in both writing and playing. Very refreshing. We will be posting some mp3's of their interview...stay tuned.
Record Heaven have release two nice discs we featured in Oresund Space Collective, a space rock band along the lines of the Ozric Tentacles without the heavy rhythm section. We also feature the Swedish reissue of Mr Brown and the Mellen Tre Ogen CD. Another nice disc in the style of Camel. The big news tonight was the Secret Oyster Sea Son album finally seeing the light of day on CD from the Laser's Edge. It was our programs peak in listenership tonight. Got a great Valentine email if you want to call it that. Dan Lawrie, one of our loyal listeners in Western Colorado has been pimping my show out to people. Apparently he recruited another listener again. When we go Satellite, Dan is in my PR department for sure. This is what keeps you going when you feel like quiting this saturday night debacle week to week...
Damon says:
As always, late to the party, I just wanted to thank whichever one of youisbehind the Aural Moon show Gagliarchives (I forgot who). Just glad I havefound it now. I was really wowed by the Flower Kings stuff! I have triedthem before but wasn't floored by it like I was this time. Guess like mostother bands we know, they must have highs and lows in their output and Ijust didn't hit the right stuff. I also appreciate that "The Gag" (as I willnow be calling it) features a lot of the more "crunchy" items from the worldof Prog. I like high fiber content in my musical diet.Tom's not a member here, but he IS a GG fan. I'm a regular listener, andI'm the one who pimps his shows. (Saturday nights 10pm-2am Eastern atwww.auralmoon.com) Glad you took the bait! I like his mix of old and newprog as well as jazz, fusion and more spacy fare. Oh, and btw, we call him"Gags", but he prefers "Thomas" hehe. I'll send him a copy of this.Dan Ln.d. Heinekenn.p. news


This program ran 4 Hours and 1 Minute.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home