Sunday, June 12, 2005


6/11/05, 78°F.
Many moons ago when the program was in it's infancy, I was exposed to new music other than regular mainstream experimental or progressive rock. One of my first exposé's was on a project in the late 80's called Bag. Bag was out of Philadelphia, PA and was the brother of my high school employer. It was the most different thing I had ever heard, and not to mention I KNEW this guy. As time wore on, and the show grew and matured, in 1997 we were given Alon's newest project titled No1Uno. This was another great perspective on how far Alon had come. Fast forward to the beginning of 2005...I was given a new sampler of what Alon was recording for the forthcoming record. I was taken away. Alon's sound was so mature and so well rounded and solid, I felt it was time to have him on for a live performance. The performance started out with Jerry the photographer almost setting himself on fire due to the batteries in his pocket touching his keys! That was a good omen. All went well though! Alon was a great guest and did a hell of job amazing me with the Alonomorphic Control Station. The set was moving and amazing. He made best of what we had to get his sound out. I can't wait till the full product of the Artist Manifesto comes out. I walked out of the studio feeling I truly gave something to our audience. As the broadcast began, we peaked with 141 listeners at 11:30. This program ran 4 hours and 6 minutes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You fuckin rule!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home