Saturday, March 26, 2005

3/26/05, 41°F.
Well I certainly paid for last weekend. After visiting Hanover Furnace and then riding the trails at Apple Pie Hill all last Saturday and didn't sleep, I succumbed to the Flu by Monday, and by Tuesday got a temperature of 103, and developed Strep. Then to make matters worse, I had to go to the ER because of how high my temp shot up AFTER it had gone to normal. Lost my voice by Thursday and realized there would be no "me" at the radio station come Saturday. With the hype of the interview with Chris Squire and Steve Nardelli of the SYN this week on many circuits, I had to air the interview. But how? Well, Gene Godfrey, fellow DJ at z889/951, voiceover dude of the Gagliarchives stepped right up to the plate and read my script. It was radio at it's finest. Not to mention the first time in 14 years someone else hosted my show! I sat at home eager to hear, and was totally pleased. Gene was a lifesaver. My fever has been down for 1 1/2 days and although my throat still feels like someone ran razors over it, I am ready to get back to my regular work and hopefully resume my life pending no relapse. If you ever wanna get a cheap high, get the Flu. Who needs drugs when this lasts for days. My favorite part was hallucinating that backpacks full of water were hanging on the wall in my bedroom. Yowza. At any rate, the show was well responded and listenership peaked at 12:30am when Hatfield and The North's Hatwise Choice was aired. We held steady at 136. We welcomed new listeners tonight from Bordeaux and Lake Annecy, France; Manchester England; Helsinki and Kajaani FINLAND; Sollentuna, SWEDEN; and stateside here in San Francisco, CA. Tonight's program ran 4 Hours and 4 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home